My Business
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Two google+ business accounts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a Brand page and a Location page. How can I set this up so my Brand page is the main page that users see when they do a google search? I'd prefer my main public page be https://plus.google.com/+Ekkomediawebdesign but currently if I do a google search the results are https://plus.google.com/+EkkoMediaCorona. Is there a way to define my Brand page as what is shown in standard searches? I'd rather not have to manage posts/content/connections on both a location page and a brand page,

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Two google+ business accounts

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Aaron,

I have a few questions regarding your query.

You have a local page, but are you a local business? Meaning do you have clients visit you at your place of business? It appears you are since you do photo shoots. 

If so, what do you feel is the drawback of maintaining your Local page versus your brand page?

The local page contains better insights, is directly connected to maps and the knowledge graph, along with the ability for customers to leave reviews. 

I would suggest deleting the brand page, or hiding it from search. 

Regards,

Ben Fisher Google+ | Twitter | Steady Demand 

Ben Fisher, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter and Founder at Steady Demand - Social SEO 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I wouldn't mind, it's just more time consuming to have to post the same content on each if I have updates. If they were merged somehow it would be much quicker/better to manage. How would I go about hiding the brand page from the search?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Aaron D

Goto the bottom of the settings page for the brand page and uncheck the options.

Hope this helps :)

Regards,

Ben Fisher Google+ | Twitter | Steady Demand 

2016-08-04_20-55-16.png

Ben Fisher, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter and Founder at Steady Demand - Social SEO