My Business
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Two different locations - one business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have opened a second location in a different city. To add this new location to Google Maps I tried creating a my business account (it seems I didn't have one before, but my original location appears to show up in this new account) and then adding a single location but it doesn't seem to do anything? Is this option only for if you have 10 or more locations? Can you suggest how to add one additional location in a different city from our main location? This new address is shared with another unrelated business, if that makes a difference. 

Thank you!

Business name : One Leg Up Canine Company - Dog Training 

Original Location Address : 52 Victoria Road South, Guelph Ontario

New Second Location Address : 276 Main Street East, Milton Ontario 

Phone (519) 820-4683

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Marilyn A
July

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

You mention that you do have a verified business and there fore a control panel at https://business.google.com/manage/#/list

At this point click on the Plus symbol and add a second listing with the correct information. Did you get to the step of placing the map pin or did it stop before that. I tested it and stopped at that point. Also, select "I deliver goods and services to my customers at their location" since you are a store front and customers come to you. What point does it fail at? I never created the listing since I do not know enough about the location to set it nor do I want to create a duplicate for you to have to delete and deal with.

The second issue is you are only supposed to use the company name with out being followed by key words.

You may want to consider showing the new address on the site. Especially on the new location, you should have the Milton address on the Milton page possibly both on the page its self and then in the footer.

I hope this gets you back moving and congratulations on the growth.

David W Cox, Google My Business Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you! I tried that and seemed to have better luck. The only part I wasn't sure about was the next screen after adding the new locations details. It read "The following businesses look similar to the one that you added. Is one of them yours?" The options were 1 - the business who I share this new location with (not my business), and 2 - the business that I own in a different city, so yes it's my business. I tried answering the question honestly by selecting the one that is mine, and that got me nowhere. So I tried again and selected the "Keep the information that I entered" part and it seems to have worked. 

Now my only issue is that this business will need to be verified by a postcard, but I do not receive mail at this location (the unrelated store upstairs uses it for their mail so I use my Guelph address for post delivery). Oh dear...

I appreciate the help David! Your other points are great. I am doing my best to get all this up and running and some of those website details are getting lost on the to-do list. It's appreciated that you pointed it out!

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Is there a mail box you can set up for the new location. It is the basis of the verification to prove visitors can get to it. Or at least put your name on the card and tell the people upstairs to hand it over when it comes. There is a field for the card to have your name show. If that does not work there is a process to get it done but is more work and this needs to be tried first. So do not give up on the Oh DEAR..... persist. There is hope

David W Cox, Google My Business Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I will put my name on the card and speak with the folks upstairs, good idea. Thank you again! I am happy to feel back on track and making some progress.