My Business
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Two businesses, one location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

First post on here, so hi! 

I wondered if somebody could help. One of our clients has two business and both of the are at the same address. He has tried to verify and has received the following (I have removed anything that could identify him)....

Greetings from Google My Business support,

We understand your concern about verifying your business "Removed".

As per our policies at one address only one business listing is eligible. Your listing could not be verified to appear on Google Search and Maps because it doesn’t comply with our eligibility guidelines.

Enforcing these guidelines helps maintain high quality information on Google and improves how customers interact with businesses online.

Could anyone explain what has happened and how I could help him resolve this issue? 

Thanks, Laura 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Laura

How different are these two businesses? From Google's response it appears that they believe the businesses to in fact be services of the one business (like a plumber who does both emergency repairs and bathroom renovations - those are not two separate businesses but rather services offered by that plumber).

Without the details of the businesses in question we're not able to provide any more information or support I'm afraid.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Priya,

Thank you for your response. They are two completely different business, one in the entertainment industry and one in the gutter business. 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Laura 

You'll need to get back in touch with GMB support in that case and request reconsideration of their rejection. You will probably need to make sure that your client can show the two businesses operate completely separately from each other, as well of course as making sure the home address is hidden on both listings (unless entertainment customers come to the house?).

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much Priya, I will have a word with my client and see what he says.