My Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Two businesses have the same address - what do I do about their GMB pages?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Scenario: Morgan Law Firm operates at a specific address. Bonnie is an attorney that works for Morgan Law Firm. Bonnie also has her own practice in the same big office. Therefore, we now have 2 entities operating at the same exact address. Bonnie already has a Google My Business page for her practice at this address. However, Morgan Law Firm is our client and they need a Google page. What is the best practice in this case?

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Two businesses have the same address - what do I do about their GMB pages?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
run Bonnie his "own" practice under a different phone number as using if working as a member of the Morgan Law Firm?
And what about the office hours?
Are the distinguish for both offices

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Bonnie does indeed operate under a different phone number. The office hours are the same, however.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Gerrid,

Here is a link to the info you're looking for about individual practitioners and branded organizations (see excerpt below). If set up correctly, both Bonnie and the Morgan Law Firm listings can co-exist using the same address, same hours and separate phone numbers.

Multiple practitioners at one location

If the practitioner is one of several public-facing practitioners at this location:

• The organization should create a listing for this location, separate from that of the practitioner.
  • The title of the listing for the practitioner should include only the name of the practitioner, and shouldn’t include the name of the organization.

Solo practitioners that belong to branded organizations

If a practitioner is the only public-facing practitioner at a location and represents a branded organization, it's best for the practitioner to share a listing with the organization. Create a single listing, named using the following format: [brand/company]: [practitioner name].

Acceptable: "Allstate: Joe Miller" (if Joe is the sole public-facing practitioner at this Allstate-branded location)

Best regards,
Meghan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Meghan!

Bonnie is not only at practitioner of law under this company, but she also has her own other company that practices law, as well as another branch for real estate. So she doesn't really apply to "Solo practitioners" because she also has her own entity apart from Morgan Law Firm.. :/
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Gerrid S
May 2016

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Oh, ok. So, you can actually have multiple businesses at the same address. In reality, this seems like overkill but is totally acceptable if they are all individually operating businesses and won't be an issue to manage since they all have separate names, phone numbers, websites and even offer services. If I understand correctly now, you should have listings at this address for:

Morgan Law Firm (Business)

- Bonnie (Practitioner)

- Bonnie's Own Separate Law Firm

- Bonnie's Real Estate

Best regards,

Meghan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Meghan! This is very helpful! You rock!