My Business
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Two business addresses for one company

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have a client who has 2 business addresses (home office and main office). They have claimed one local listing (which is their home address), there is also another listing (not claimed) that has the main office address.

Should we claim and manage both as separate local listings with both addresses shown on the website or should we claim both and merge just having the one main office.

Ideally we want them to have both addresses active as they serve 2 areas.
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Two business addresses for one company

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi @Mark D,

Thanks for writing. It is against our guidelines to have two listings for the same business, so I would strongly advise you to merge the two into one so both listings are not flagged for spamming the map. 

Thanks,

Liz

GMB Community Manager 

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the reply Liz,
I'm not sure i see a part in those guidelines about not having two locations listed when they serve customers. Customers are served at both addresses.
Should they not get two listings as we see other local businesses with multiple locations having multiple listings for each of their addresses.

Also please see this thread where it says you should have two listings for 2 business addresses https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Businesses-with-10-Locations/Does-2-locations-2-Local-Page...

Regards
Mark

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager

Hi Mark,

Under the "Address" section, you'll see this information:

Screenshot 2016-08-09 at 9.34.25 AM.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yea i saw that and thought that would be the case if there was only one location but they have 2 locations which serve customers at both locations. 2 locations = 2 listings according to this and the thread that i linked to above.

The section you have quoted from the guidance states that you cant have more than one listing for EACH location.
Is the advice in the thread, which you commented on wrong

"Answer: You are correct, you should have a Google+ local page for each location you have."