My Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Two Google+ Pages for my Business??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi! We are in the process of creating a new website, etc and we are trying to direct patients to our google+ page to write reviews. However, it appears that we somehow have two google+ pages for our office. I have been "managing" what I thought was our only google+ page for a while now and we even have 2 reviews but I'm unable to find the link that I can pass along to our patients/website producer to link them to the review page.

Here is the google+ page that I was unaware of https://plus.google.com/101475938227570384370/about

and here is the page that I have been managing. I thought this was our main and only google+ page https://plus.google.com/114083599275182535234/about

How do I find the url link for the page that I've been managing that will allow patients to go and directly post a review. Any tips or advice would be GREATLY appreciated!!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Two Google+ Pages for my Business??

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Sarah

Good spotting you, and it's an easy fix.

Click the first link (listing ending in 4370), click the red pin on the map you'll see in the header image. That'll take you through to Google maps.
Once there you'll see the business details in the sidebar. If you have the right listing, you'll see a link to claim this business and a link to suggest an edit. Click the suggest edit. (If you don't see the link to claim the business - it's the wrong one so start again).
The sidebar will change and you'll see a slider at the top of the screen "Place is permanently closed or doesn't exist". Click the slider and the sidebar will change again. Select the "duplicate" option in the list.
Done!

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Margaret,

Thank you! Okay, so I edited the page listing that ends in 4370 to show as a duplicate page. Does this take a while to be updated in google because I just pulled up that page again and it looks the exact same.
My biggest concern is that I need a URL link for the page ending in 5234 to provide to my website producer and my patients to go and automatically write a review. Why does the page ending in 5234 show up like that and not offer a direct link to have people review our office? I would like for the link that ends in 5234 to appear like the link that ends in 4370. Please advise.

Thank you for your help!!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sarah G
March 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
HI Sarah,
I think what you're experiencing is the difference in the displays with the listings. the 4370 listing is the "Google+ Classic" display and the 5234 is the newest display format.
This is part of Google's preference for people to be using Google Maps to register reviews. https://support.google.com/maps/answer/6230175

As an interim measure, you can simply switch back to classic mode to get the 5234 listing to display in the older format and you can pull the link from there.

Moving forward, though, a direct link to add reviews is going to get tricky. The best link to give people to the maps listing (fortunately Google gives you the chance to make it a very short link).

And yes, changes to the entries in maps may take a little while - they're rarely instant.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog