My Business
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Two Businesses at Same Address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

I have started to make a new google my business for my new business. We already have a business at the same address. The two businesses are 

Him & Her wedding photography
The Boudoir Photographers 

Both at 3 Mill Road, Bury St Edmunds, England. 

They both have separate websites. I get the feeling I need to create a department under our wedding photography page. I cannot find any information about department listings at all. How to set them up, how they work, etc.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

You can add departments in accordance with Google's rules (See below). However, you might have an issue since they share the same address -- you may need to create something like a suite number in order to differentiate the listings. 

This is what I can find about departments from here:

Publicly-facing departments that operate as distinct entities should have their own page. The exact name of each department must be different from that of the main business and that of other departments. Typically such departments have a separate customer entrance and should each have distinct categories. Their hours may sometimes differ from those of the main business.

• Acceptable (as distinct listings):
    • "Walmart Vision Center"
    • "Sears Auto Center"
    • "Massachusetts General Hospital Department of Dermatology"
  • Not acceptable (as distinct listings):
    • The Apple products section of Best Buy
    • The hot food bar inside Whole Foods Market

For each department, the category that is the most representative of that department must be different from that of the main business and that of other departments.

• The main business "Wells Fargo" has the category "Bank" whereas the department "Wells Fargo Advisors" has the category "Financial Consultant"
  • The main business "South Bay Toyota" has the category "Toyota Dealer" whereas the "South Bay Toyota Service & Parts" has the category "Auto Repair Shop" (plus the category "Auto Parts Store")
  • The main business "GetGo" has the category "Convenience Store" (plus the category "Sandwich Shop") whereas the department "GetGo Fuel" has the category "Gas Station", and the department "WetGo" has the category "Car Wash"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ohhh it doesn't look like this is looking too possible. I find google language very difficult to understand. As far as I'm concerned, they're too different categories; weddings and boudoir but as far as google is concerned, they're both photography. I don't want to mix weddings and boudoir together. 

So should I give the boudoir page a suite number?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

You could try -- I think the main issue is that you have the same address for both business.