AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Two Business Listings. I only want one. The older listing has more reviews. Can I combine these?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Goal:

I'd like to keep the reviews from older listing and move them to my newer listing.

I would then like to close the older listing.

Is this possible?

I do have the newer listing claimed and verified.

*I want to move the reviews from "Templeton address" to my "Paso Robles address" listing.

You can see both listing here: https://www.google.com/search?q=central+pacific+construction&oq=central+pacific+construction&aqs=chr...

Two Business Listings. I only want one. The older listing has more reviews. Can I combine these?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Frank,

I can give you my personal experience in managing different clients within GMB. Not many forum reps will tell you that you can actually contact a Google My Business representative to help out with this scenario. You can actually merge duplicate listings. In doing so, you will merge reviews from the dupes. I've done this for several clients in the past, but only by calling and talking with a GMB rep.

I will however also state that I've seen mixed SEO results in doing this. One client that we merged duplicates had their listing fall off of the local map pack for their target keyword. Whereas before they ranked top 10 in the local map pack for their main target keyword, they now don't show at all. The few others that we've recently merged were burried in results and haven't really moved (up or down).

So I would proceed with caution if it's important to you.

Just wanted to share my personal experience. Hope it helps!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

And how do you contact a GMB representative? Cheers