My Business
5K members online now
5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Two Brand Accounts and Google My Business Suspension

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our company had a brand account with a Google+ page. I went and created a GMB account and it created another brand account. We now have two brand accounts, one with a GMB and one with our Google+.

Question:

1. How do I add GMB to my already established Google+ page?

My GMB account is currently suspended due to "Quality Issues." I believe it was because our name had ".com" in it. I removed it and fixed all potential quality issues I could find. I submitted the appeal form and received the following email stating I have "not entered the URL of your Google+ page correctly. Please enter the correct URL of your official Google+ page and submit your page for review" I cannot seem to figure out what the problem is.

Question:

1. What is it referring to by enter "the URL of your Google+ page correctly?"
  2. Is this related to having 2 brand accounts?

Brand account with Google+: https://plus.google.com/+Statefoodsafety

Brand account with GMB: https://business.google.com/u/1/b/117081712107006632442/edit/l/18194596099999765024?hl=en

-GMB Location Currently suspended due to quality issue-

1) StateFoodSafety.com

2) 507 E. Technology Avenue Building C, Orem, UT

3) 801.494.1416

4) https://www.google.com/maps/place/507+Technology+Ave,+Orem,+UT+84097/@40.326235,-111.6838307,17z/dat...

5) https://www.statefoodsafety.com/

20170803_144525.jpg

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tyler H
August

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

How long ago did you make the GmB entry?

If you make a GmB entry now it does not create a Brand page.

And you should either have a Brand page if you provide a service over the internet with no customer contact by going to their location, delete the GmB entry

or if you go to their location to do inspections then a GmB entry, delete both Brand pages. If its an issue for the GmB one delete the current GmB entry and make a new one, claim the listing Google makes from your other data in search. You can still have a Google+ page to professionally represent the business.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I'm responding on the suspension matter only
Can you provide me a photo from your store front or a signage of your office where you meet your customers in person at the mentioned address and showing th name as actually used in your suspended listing of your dahsboard?

_________________________________________________________________________________

Attention: Please make sure to mention me by adding @[myname] to your responses. Otherwise the notification might not make it and your thread will go unseen.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes of course! For context we provide most of our products online, but we have customers that come in person to take their tests for various products. We operate out of an office building. I took a picture of our entryway to show and verify the name.

@Helmut Geissler

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tyler H
August

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

How long ago did you make the GmB entry?

If you make a GmB entry now it does not create a Brand page.

And you should either have a Brand page if you provide a service over the internet with no customer contact by going to their location, delete the GmB entry

or if you go to their location to do inspections then a GmB entry, delete both Brand pages. If its an issue for the GmB one delete the current GmB entry and make a new one, claim the listing Google makes from your other data in search. You can still have a Google+ page to professionally represent the business.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

for me the cusomers of your business are th people buying the stuff you sell.

People coming to your office to "take their tests for various products" I can't consider as your customers.

However:

to help you on any reinstatement I need to have a proof the business is showing their signage in front of the building (or form the street) at the specified addresigss so customers can find the business.

But the customers of an onlin acting business don't need such a signage and I therefore agree with the post of @Andrew H

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It was created about 2 weeks ago. I just deleted the GMB listing and recreated it. It solved the brand account problem. Thank you. I will wait for the post card to verify the listing.