My Business
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Turning Off Google Reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Google,

I have come to realise that the way the review system works adds to and perpetuates separation and competition. This is against everything that we as a humanity stand for and yet in our lives we are constantly pitted against each other in order to see who comes out on top.

The fact is what has the pitting against each other ever done in a natural disaster - nothing it is dropped instantly to come together and support each and every human being that is in harms way. Stop the natural disaster and then we are supposed to return to a competitive dog eat dog way of being that is not normal just a learned way of being that apparently is a freedom of sorts. This freedom that is constantly talked about is nothing more than freedom to abuse and I have this go on not regularly but enough times to feel that my business is under threat.

I request that as an independent business owner I be allowed to switch off my reviews when I want to - and not be open slather to a guy called Zane who in his opinion finds the food too expensive. It is ridiculous that this level of petty engagement is allowed in the first place but that it is also perpetuated - under the banner of free speech. Free speech does not mean freedom to harm, hurl abuse, criticise...

Please advise when me as a law abiding citizen of Western Australia can actually request that my freedom of request is actually listened too.

Warm regards,
Lee

Lee Green

Business Owner

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I'm afraid @Lee G

there is no such optionto turn off reviewing any GMB listing.

This optio is an integral part of GoogleMyBsuiness and of GMaps (where th reviewer post their reviews)

Note  GMB only shows the reviews user have made or posted through GoogleMaps - th reviews are part not of your listing but part of the user profile of the reviewer

Re: Turning Off Google Reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Helmut,

I know this to be a fact - the point is why is it so and where is the support for all in this ?

That is where I am coming from - the technicalities are just that - we do not make provision for this because we made it this way. The point much larger is that why was it made that way in the first place.
It supports a competitive environment again championing the misuse and abuse of the term free speech.

Warm regards,
Lee

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

http://www.optometry.org.au/blog-news/2018/1/2/fined-for-unlawful-advertising/

It can be illegal to leave reviews too in the healthcare setting. My professional association advised us to turn off reviews for the business. Will not turn on Google review for the business unless the option can be selected.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Maybe @Bing Sheng L 

But afaik Googles legal dept double checked it and they consider the reviewing feature as legal part of GMB and GMaps.

I have no more or other comment  as already posted last year in June

blocking this very old thread for any new replies now

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Probably legal in your country. In Australia, any comments/testimonial made by patients/customers on health professionals can be illegal if content contains any medical treatment.