My Business
7.1K members online now
7.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Turn off "Suggest an edit"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Everyone, 

we manage a page for a client and we are experiencing an issue that some one is marking them as "closed" , change the phone number , change the website that is connected to the account when it is  definitely not. 

Is there a way to shut down the "suggest an edit" feature on Google My Business? or get notified when It there a suggest for edit ? it is causing us a kind of problem with our client !

1 Expert replyverified_user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

we have the same issue , as we are managing a business for some clients and someone keep change the status to closed business and also enter wrong phone number through suggest an edit, that cause us a lot of stress with that client ,,,,any way to stop the suggest an eidt automated submission !! 

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

neither of both functionalties are available as far as I know

you should monitor your business regurlarily though your  dashboard.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm experiencing the same issue.  We are hosting a site for a client and he contacts us to update his business operating hours as someone keeps changing them.  This is annoying and we should have the ability to lock it down if needed.