My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Trying to sort out Brand page, local page, and Youtube channel. Also a possible Maps issue

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A buddy of mine asked me to help get all his Google products sorted out and I'm having a tough time with it.

There is a local business page (I guess there's no longer a public url for that?): Florida RV Center, 8653 Pensacola Blvd, Pensacola, FL.

A brand page: https://plus.google.com/103646166641859195426

A Youtube Channel(?): https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTKjFhvZ5WNoIg5Y-Ic3A9A

There is no desire for a brand page, except that it seems the only way to have a YouTube channel for the business that multiple users can login/upload requires one (at least I can't find a way around it). I tried to do a content merge, if that's the right terminology, but It doesn't seem like it's made a difference. We'd basically like to consolidate as much as possible and not lose functionality. Additionally I thought there was something akin to an "about us" on the local business listing that is no longer visible, nor can I figure out where or when the "cover" and "profile" photos are suppose to be visible to the public.

Finally, if you zoom in on the location in Maps (Screenshot attached) there's actually 4 markers where I thought there should only be one. I don't know if that's just marking exact locations of where some area photos were taken or if there's multiple entries for the business. It mainly only concerns me because only one of the markers when clicked shows the number of reviews.

Any help would be appreciated, I think most of my confusion comes from recent changes to Google's business products and that I just haven't caught up, but it's really throwing me off.

Thanks.

Edit: forgot to mention, when on the business dashboard it says there are no reviews for the company, which is incorrect.

bizmaps.PNG

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Web M
October 2016

Trying to sort out Brand page, local page, and Youtube channel. Also a possible Maps issue

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I notices alltogether four listing at the location .

Two unverified listings and two verified one all as "Florida RV Center"

While I was able to delete the two unverified listings my power wasn't strong enough to delete one of the both verified listings

Reporting 

http://maps.google.com/?cid=1694088482679385614

and telling Googel it would be  a spammy dublicate of 

http://maps.google.com/?cid=937725308994575907

YOu should report it as well as dublicate.

The two unverified listings are gone meanwhile.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Awesome, I appreciate that. So it looks like a customer placed a review on the duplicate. If I have the dupe removed what are the chances the review will carry over to the correct listing?

Any advice for the other issue (brand/location/youtube)?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Web M

I have no experince about any YT matters.

Would recommend ths better to discuss in the YT forum - but after the duplicta issue is solved.

Regarding the reveiw on the duplicate:

To get the duplicate issue solves you should contact business support.

Doing this ask them to merge both listings - including the reviews

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Will do, Thanks again.