My Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Trying to claim business, but concerned about creating a second G+ page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm Digital Executive at Membership Engagement Services (plus.google.com/+MembraCoUk) and trying to claim our business following receipt of a My Business postcard.

I've established how to, and am authorised to do so on behalf of our company, but I'm concerned that in doing so it will create a new G+ page for our business, which would not be appropriate as we already have one we use regularly.

Given I've been going through the Location section from our existing G+ page to try to do this, I would hope it wouldn't, but at the point I get to the point to claim I show up as using G+ as myself, not Membership Engagement Services, so I'm concerned it will.

Can someone please advise on this? Do I have to create a new G+ page through this step then request merging of the two pages? Or will accepting creation of a new G+ page actually just link it to the existing company G+ account or allow me the option to?

Our company business address is 33 Clarendon Road, London N8 0NW, United Kingdom. My contact number is 020 8829 2329.

Thanks in advance,

Bronwen.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Bronwen H
March 2016

Re: Trying to claim business, but concerned about creating a second G+ page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Bronwen H

let me explain the situation (believe its pretty simple)

There is for  your business a brand page 

https://plus.google.com/+MembraCoUk/ and

there is for your  business an unverified local page. The MapMaker Link of the latter is Membership Engagement Services Ltd and a GMaps link is https://goo.gl/maps/uNZJvR5ARBM2

So far so good.

Verifying the latter page will create a verified page in your dashbaord.

(no option to avoid creating an other page)

So and in case you are managing the above  brand page you will have two pages to manage in your dashboard.

But luckily you then can connect both pages you are the page owner of them. 

Here is the "how to do":

https://support.google.com/business/answer/6010825

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Helmut!

I thought there must be some instruction about how to do that / what to do, but I hadn't been able to spot it.

Thanks also for a quick answer :)

Cheers,
Bronwen.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I verified my business through my phone but i still cant see the the google plus page for my business.  Can someone help me?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

recibi mi codigo de verificacion y no se como seguir para crear mi negocio

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Shop

This is my wife's Business and we have entered the correct Phone numbers and address you are only giving us the Old Home address rather than the Shop address. Ane her Phone Number is 919-738-4842 so we can't! Please correct info.