My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Trying to change our website url on Google my business, keeping reverting back to original

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HomeTech Handyman, LLC
3110 Skyridge Ct.

Marietta, GA

404-910-3313 

https://plus.google.com/u/1/101381371611158232788?hl=en

I was able to purchase a better domain for the new website I am building.  Every time I change the website URL on GMB, whether it is on the android app or on chrome, its allows me to change it, says its pending, then reverts back to the old url.  

It does tell me this "Updates from Google     This location has updated information from Google users or other sources. Review these published updates to make sure that they're accurate. Learn More"

I am so disappointed with google on this because it is one big loop.  The "learn more" doesn't answer why my new url is not being accepted and when it gives me a chance to contact, it just sends me to"questions answered" and then the forum.

In trying to change it, I accidentally added a duplicate location, which I have since deleted (my GMB shows only one location now) but in certain areas it says I have a location that I need to verify.  My one location is verified, by mail, so it seems something is wrong.

Lastly, I found a few posts with my issue but all the comments lead to someone helping that person, without explaining what the issue is.  I find the comments a bit condescending and since it is difficult to contact someone, I recommend posting help as a post so others searching will benefit and not have to go through this.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Trying to change our website url on Google my business, keeping reverting back to original

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Derek S

what would be your new website to get shown up on your GoogleMyBusiness listing but don't get it updated?

And have you added this (liekely very new) URL to Googles Search tool already?

If so  - when?

If not do it asap.

Read also the very lower part of an article as I have created to summarize my findings:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/12otVIWXu3fmZVk3W7PwfySBpg6HZpHtbWNKmvW0R_Ss/edit?usp=sharing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It was www.hometechhandy.com and now it is www.hometechhandyman.com.

I did follow a few of your steps and resubmitted the new site so I'll see how it goes.

Thanks for your help!