My Business
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Trouble with office not showing up on map with certain searches

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My acupuncture office is located in Oakland FL, a very small town between Clermont and Winter Garden. If I search acupuncture in Oakland, FL then my office shows up and the acupuncture offices about 3-4 miles away in  Winter Garden also show on the search map. However, a google search for acupuncture in Winter Garden, FL will only show the Winter Garden acupuncture offices and not mine, only 3-4 miles away.Those other offices are not buying any higher level of exposure on Google either. Thanks for any help. 

Michael
1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ryan K (Community Manager)
March 2016

Re: Trouble with office not showing up on map with certain searches

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Michael,

I think the issue is there are already several acupuncturists that match the algorithm Google uses for its local rankings like distance and relevance (they are in winter park and closer than your location) and that is why you show up lower on the list. I can see that you are still a part of the results with the red marker but not as relevant to someone wanting an acupuncturists as nearby as possible. I can see your location with the search you suggested (see below)

2016-02-09_10-07-12.jpg

I would suggest to work and improve your organic rankings and beef up your profile as much as possible to help you break into the Winter Garden market more efficiently.