My Business
5K members online now
5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Trouble with a SAB Google listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys,
I have a trouble with a SAB Google listing: the actual business street address is in Oakland, CA, but Google categorizes the same address as being part of Emeryville, CA, given that the two cities are really close by. The city code, street and street number, even the pin on the map appoint the same location on Google Maps both for the actual address (Oakland) and the one Google prefers (Emeryville).
The business is new and I was wondering if you could help me out and advise me as to which address to actually use and create citations for in order to avoid potential citation inconsistency?
Thanks for your input!

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Trouble with a SAB Google listing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Mihaela M

Please include the following with your question:
1. Full business name
2. Current business address (as specified in your dashboard
3. Current telephone number
4. Google+ URL

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
1. Business name: Emeryville Locksmith
2. Address: 1202 Powell St, Emeryville, CA, 94608 (the address that appears on Google maps is : 1202 Powell St, Oakland, CA 94608, USA)
3. (510) 214-8590
4. https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/118267615488187340885/118267615488187340885/about

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
the URL 4# give me an 404 error and I can't locate any listing "Emeryville Locksmith" at the actual or the old address

So I'm helpless helping you.
Do oyu have any link showing me at least "Emeryville Locksmith" at the actual or the old address?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey,

the only place that I have put my address at this point is the website (http://emeryvilleslocksmith.com/) on which I'm still working. I created this GBM listing a month ago but it got suspended due to quality issues. At this point I'm hesitating whether I should leave the address like this : 1202 Powell St, Emeryville, CA, 94608 or change it to 1202 Powell St, Oakland, CA, 94608. I don't know why the first one is not located on the map but the second one is.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This is a brand new business so you won't find it anywhere on the web. I'm planning to build citations and new GBM listing once I resolve the problem with the address.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
Hi Mihaela,

I just wanted to confirm. Is Emeryville Locksmith a real business? Or is this just going to be a lead generation listing and website for Multi Locksmith (or someone else)? You're not going to have much luck with the listing if it's not a real company.

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No, this a real business separate from Multi Locksmith. Different address, phone, website, team, even services to a certain extend.