AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Thomas Allen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My business is a Coin Dealer.  This is showing on my private home address, which is a security risk.  I can't seem to delete this reference.  How do I do this?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Thomas Allen

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Pam A

If it's an unclaimed listing, you could claim it by clicking on the link that says either "Own this business?" or "Claim this business". Then follow the steps to complete the owner verification. Then you would have control of the listing.

You would then be able to set it as a service-area business. Doing so would prevent the full address from showing on the listing (it would just show city, state).

Or, if you do not want to claim it and would rather try to remove the listing altogether, look for the "suggest an edit" link on the listing, click on that and look for "Place is permanently closed or has never existed" and select "Yes". Then for the reason you can select "Private".

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Thomas Allen

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

as a coin dealer - where are you servicing your customers?

In case your serve then at their address createa service area listing with hidden address as explained in here

Thomas Allen

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

ups @TomW

did not noticed your already given answer.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Only online. I don't want any references to a physical address, especially since as a coin dealer I worry about security. I can't seem to figure out how to DELETE any reference at my private home address. Please help.

Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you, but your suggestion did not work. Even if I set the business as a service-area business, it still shows the address when you click on it. I want to delete the business reference completely. I don't want any advertising or reference at all. I have an entirely online business. How do I do this?

Thomas Allen

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Aren't you referring to this unclaimed listing? https://goo.gl/maps/gREVSK4kgT42

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I claimed it, at least twice. I tried changing the status to service area only with a hidden address, but no luck. I tried editing it to change to private listing, but no luck. I tried changing the address to my PO Box, but no luck. I just want to delete it because I don't need the local area advertising or security risk. Do you know what I can do?
Tom