My Business
6K members online now
6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Third Party Order Link In My Knowledge Graph

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

One of my client has a takeaway "Whitton Tandoori", having his own online ordering system. The links from "Just-Eat" & "Hungry House" are shown in his knowledge graph for ordering option. 

Why should Google show links from third party sites on his own knowledge graph.

Screenshot from 2017-01-27 07_32_05.png

What is the procedure to remove those links from the knowledge graph?

When contacted Google's support team regarding this, they suggest us to contact Just Eat & Hungry House to remove the links from their side.

Why should I contact third party persons to edit the information on my Google Business?

Need a permanent and quick solution on this. Can anybody help on this?

Takeaway Details:

https://whittontandooriindiantakeaway.co.uk

Whitton Tandoori,

652 Hanworth Road, Hounslow
Middlesex, TW4 5NP
T: 02088938686

https://plus.google.com/114073553271319039783

1 Expert replyverified_user

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Rajkumar R,
Info provided by Google about such case: 
https://support.google.com/business/answer/6218037?hl=en

Brief: in order to remove or fix an inaccurate link, contact the appropriate third-party platform and ask them to remove the link from the markup that they provide to Google.

If the link is broken or leads to a 404 error, you can contact Google support for help. If the link works, you'll need to contact the third party's support team.
I believe this will help.
Regards

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I need to include the ordering button of my website in the order section. I am satisfied if my link also appears there. Can some one provide a solution to include my link in order section. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Rajkumar R,

Check below the link. It an official info provided by Google concerning your request: https://support.google.com/business/answer/6218037?hl=en

Brief: If you operate an online service that allows local businesses to directly accept online orders, appointments, reservations, or other similar services and would like to let Google know, fill out the form.

I hope this helps you and your business.
Regards,
Justin :)

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Rajkumar R
The owner also has the option of adding reviews onto his own website. If marked up correctly Google will likely include his own website in that "reviews" from around the web.

https://developers.google.com/search/docs/data-types/reviews#review-snippets

The knowledge panel is a reflection of what Google understands is useful information about a business, for searchers.  A summary in a way, taken from many places around the web.  it is not meant to be a snapshot of that business from the business owner's perspective.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have added the required schema on my site, it has been reflected on my site. I need the order link to be included from my site. 

Re: Third Party Order Link In My Knowledge Graph

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I did try that but it is not working when I added schema it worked well for
menu and reservation link but not for the order link.

I have added that around six months ago.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@MargaretO

"The knowledge panel is a reflection of what Google understands is useful information about a business, for searchers.  A summary in a way, taken from many places around the web.  it is not meant to be a snapshot of that business from the business owner's perspective."

I understand your point. Every one suggest me to contact hungry house & just eat to remove their schema to remove the order link from knowledge graph.

My intention is to include my ordering link there before removing the links of just eat and hungry house. 

I need to confirm that my schema is working fine.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Gurpartap S:

"I did try that but it is not working when I added schema it worked well for
menu and reservation link but not for the order link."

I agree with you. Even in my case the schema works fine with reviews (even reviews from my website are shown for some search queries in knowledge graph), Google is not ready to include my link on order section. 

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

@Rajkumar R, @Gurpartap S

We have very little control over what goes in Google's Knowledge Panel.  Making it easy for them to put your details in is the best we can do. The rest is up to Google.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog