My Business
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Things to do "location" / top sites and travel guide

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi. when you do a google search now for e.g "things to do Tasmania" at the top of the page their is a listing for "Top Sites" which is made up from Google Business listings. How do you get in these listings if you have a business listing that is relevant with a completed profile with reviews ? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

I would like to apologize for the lack of reply to your help inquiry. The Google My Business community has recently implemented several improvements that we hope will allow the proper care of help tickets here.

If you still have an issue that needs attention, please take a moment to review our Go-To Guides. These are carefully created to cover most issues someone may face and they provide unique solutions that are easy to implement.

If you have already found a solution, can you provide an update on how you solved your issue? If you are still in need, please do let us know.

Thank you for using Google My Business (GMB) to strengthen your online presence.

Kind Regards,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That doesn't answer the question of how to get your business listed under "things to do" for a particular city. I have looked all over the place and haven't found an answer to that question.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

Google takes the data it finds and makes various results as you see for data of interest. You cannot 'add yourself' to these lists.

On Maps municipal buildings, hospitals, pubs and shops and other visitor or social attractions have a specific red symbol, these are set by google.

All you can do is look at GMB search results, websites and other web directory, news and blog entries for those in the list and copy. Of course your business category and descriptions must be similar to those in the list.

Andrew.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The issue is which users are complaining about is they feel there listing meet the criteria and have better criteria, content, reviews than many that are being listed. Some with such poor content it begs the question how they are listed in the first place. I have spoken to google on the phone about this issue and they say the same basic things whilst highlighting your FREE listing. It may be FREE and a  tool for businesses to use, but when Google listings are so powerful, it work's against the business. There should be a means to correctly review people's listing should they feel it's not getting ranked in relevant search results. Maybe FREE, but many users spend thousands on AdWords to support FREE.