My Business
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

The difference between a knowledge graph and a knowledge panel

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone, 

I've relatively recently I've started working to claim my company's business locations using Google my business.  It's all going pretty well, but whilst researching online I hear mention of knowledge panels and knowledge graphs.  Are they interchangeable terms for the same thing or are knowledge panels those which relate only to Google my business claimable locations, and knowledge graphs another thing that Google makes based on scraping data from websites, which it then compiles into one thing which looks like a knowledge panel?

Thanks,

Adrian

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: The difference between a knowledge graph and a knowledge panel

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
I'm using both terms and mean the same stuff at right side of GoogleSearch

Re: The difference between a knowledge graph and a knowledge panel

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Knowledge Graph is generally information extracted by Google based on information they find and displayed.

pompei   Google Search.png

The Knowledge Panel ( so called panel, because original refer string included "panel" in it ) this is not based on any external online sources Other then the Google business / maps information.

the ritz   Google Search.png

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership