My Business
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Text message Google my business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everyone,

I want to add text message feature for my business. It's a new feature. I am managing dental clinic in UAE with the name of Florida Dental Clinic. It's new that's why It's exciting me because it will give a point of difference to my patients. I have added cell phone number as a secondary number in Google My Business as well. For text messages.

I'm looking forward to the best solution.

Best,

Shoaib

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Text message Google my business

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Shoaib M

As far as I am aware, if Google detects that the Tel number you have listed in your business details is able to receive text message, then it offers it to the user as an option.

There is nothing else for you to do.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Shoaib M

If you are looking to only use one number for you business contact (less confusing for you clients, and less work for you) I would look at Zipwhip. They let you text from you landline so you dont have change or get a new number etc. 

www.zipwhip.com

Let me know what you think of them!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Shoaib - your existing business number can be used receive messages from your Google My Business listing. To do this, port the SMS portion of an existing business number to a business text messaging product and the keep the voice service as is. Hope that helps!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We use captivated.works because you can landline text plus they have a great software to manage the incoming texts. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How do you shut this feature down?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I believe it's disabled by default. You can also go to your Google My Business Dashboard and click on 'Opt Out' in the 'Chat' section.

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager

@David W -- 

This self-promotional post has been archived by a Moderator. Please note that our Community Posting Guidelines ask that you do not promote any products or services here in the forum, even if related.

Repeated spam posts may result in suspension from this community forum.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Marissa Nordahl, Community Manager, Google My Business
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Follow us on GMB on Social: Facebook | Twitter