My Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Terrible customer experience

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Name: Powergreen

I just had a terrible experience with google's customer service.

I had a business account, google my business and a google + account (which I only use because I heard it would help my google rankings for google by business, let's be honest no one uses google+) 

Yesterday I noticed my google my business listing wasn't as descriptive as it could have been so I changed the name from Powergreen environmental solutions to Powergreen Pressure Washing and Sealing (easy to know what I do now). I was then told it would lower my rankings, not happy about that but oh well, my fault and it needed to be done anyways. 

FFW to today.  I log on to optimize my account and I notice I have 2 google+ accounts, where I'm pretty sure I didn't before. The first one is based on my business Gmail and the second one, which you could see when you clicked my picture in the top right drop down, had "brand account" under it. So I called because I like everything simplified I spoke to someone in India and said I have 2 google+ accounts and I don't want to worry about which one I have to upload content to help my rankings, can we merge them or delete one? She said sure you can delete the brand account. So she screens shared and walked me through deleting the account. Great deleted, 

No, not great. Deleting that brand google+ account also DELETED MY BUSINESS LISTING. My business listing has been active for about a year and no its gone. So I called back and was trying to be calm, asking them to get my account back and was only told, I had to make a new business listing, get re-verified again and loose all the ranking I had acquired in the past year. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME? 

The guy I talked to was able to confirm the women I spoke to first and said he saw in her notes it said "customer accidentally deleted his business listing" WHAT!!??? No, she was on screen share showing me what google+ account to delete to make life simpler for me, not to show me how to delete my business listing. No one in this entire time explained how this all ties in together. Why is there no option to make my entire account a business account to avoid having multiple google+ accounts? 

So I gritted my teeth and created a new listing 3 phone calls later with 3 different departments and 3 "disconnects" on google's side. I was transferred back and forth from the google my business department to AdWords and back. I couldn't get simple answers to questions such as "what is a brand account"  "does the brand account get automatically created when I make a google my business listing" or " I was able to recover by google+ brand account why cant you recover my business listing" 

Everyone I talked to had a different answer, so I then called the google headquarters in Cali. I talked to a friendly guy saying he would transfer me to the business department there in his building, and the call AGAIN went through to someone in India. I asked to talk to a manager. 

This started at 11am est, it was now 3:30pm.

The manager explained to me that the main google account I had "powergreen" should transfer ownership of the business to a new "sub" account. So we did that. Now it appeared under the business for google as a business account under the main account (which I have since changed the name to my name to avoid confusions). 

At this point I can't access any google+ accounts except the main one which I don't use, and I can't change the business listing because I know have to wait another 14 or so days to get something IN THE FREAKING MAIL to verify my business I have had on google for almost 1 YEAR. 

So extremely frustrated, being on the phone for 6 hours and being hung up on at leat 5 times with no call back with google India, and losing my business account, being beyond pissed I deleted all of my google+ account, my you tube account and my newly created business listing. I then recreated by business listing, made a new google+ page from the google business page and made a youtube page listed under my main account in my name. 

Now I try to log into these accounts from my business phone, to see if I will be able to upload videos right to the business google+ or videos to youtube and the only thing I can access is the account in my name. Note: both accounts have the same email because they are for business, neither of them are personal accounts.  

I asked the "manager" what they were going to do to increase my ranking back to where it was once my account is active again since the uninformed rep was the one who had me delete the wrong account (in actuality she shouldn't have had me delete anything, and just explained the right way how to use them or at least helped me reconfigure my account). The rep told me there is nothing they can do to 1. get my original business account back then help me reconfigure it the correct way or 2. increase the ranking when my new business listing becomes active.

So now I'm stuck waiting for something to come in the mail to RE-VERITY my business AGAIN not being able to access my accounts while I'm on the job effectively making my google account useless!!!

[censored] google, Oh, and each time I got off a call and was told to wait to give a survey...guess what. The line disconnected before I even got the chance. AMAZING HOW THAT WORKS! The only time i was able to leave a review was when I set up an AdWords express account on a different email at 10am, just prior to all this happening. 

Its now 9pm and I've been at this for 10 hours. 

So now I'm stuck with no listing in good right before THE BUSIEST SEASON OF THE YEARS and I will be losing thousands of dollars a week in business. Its not like I can just jump on bing and everything be ok, good is good that was in basically having a monopoly that was. And the customer service is terrible, they don't care if your problem is solved, they just push all of the calls back to Inda where they don't have to deal with it. Well, this is getting posted everywhere I can find until someone with some real authority fixes this situation. 

what are you going to do about this google?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Sorry to hear about the trouble. The account system related to Google My Business is a bit of a mess which led to the confusion you faced in the deletion of your business. 

As far as I know, support has no tools to restore a deleted listing to a verified state in an account, unfortunately.

That said, you might be able to get the listing to appear faster if you listing your full business information here. Perhaps we could at least add it via community edits. And, while 14 days is a lot of time, the postcards are sent via normal post. They should get to your business in 3-5 days. 

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been waiting for my new listing to activate. I confirmed my location a few days ago. Now my account says Google has suspended your page due to quality issues. My full business information is Powergreen LLC, Olmsted Falls, Ohio 44138

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Ah, well, the quality issues thing is a bit different. I'd confirm that everything is correct in your account and contact support to help them resolve it, if possible.

To get around the issue, you may want to try creating the listing in a new account. 

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter