My Business
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Tankk Fish & Chips

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

hey, i am a small local business. i have noticed how many people search for my business name / phone number from you our Google My Business Performance Report for January 2017. i am wondering how can i work this to my advatage further through google advertising?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Tankk Fish & Chips

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Paul S

There are two programs Google offer - AdwordsExpress and Adwords.
For beginners, AdwordsExpress is probably the best option because it's simpler.  But it's also possible (some say probable) it will cost more because you have less control over the ads overall.  
Adwords gives you the most control but is geared to people who are confident with the advertising product, and have a level of competency with it.

You also have the option to find an agency you want to work with who can do that for you.  An Adwords agency does not need to be in your neighbourhood, but if you feel better "eyeing" someone then clearly you'd go local.  Remember with an agency you're also paying them for their expertise, so the costs will be higher than just your ad spend.

Depending on where you are, there may be some local classes where you can get skilled up on the basics, or you can do some online classes.  The costs can be quite low (as in from Udemy) or as high as you want to go.

If this is the first time you've ever advertised online, this is kind of like a gamble. Set yourself a budget, what you think you can comfortably afford to lose.  If it works, then keep going. If it doesn't, reassess whether it's the person managing the advertising or the platform (or both).  Local advertising can work well if done well.  

Also remember other platforms and "old-fashioned" offline advertising. Your strong Google local presence can be very effective at supporting those other channels to bring people to your shop.

Does that help?

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog