My Business
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Suspended and fully confused

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What is a "listing?"  We have no idea what we might have done for our listing to be suspended.   Our "violation" isn't noted anywhere, nor how to fix it (Appeal? Where?). We're a small business with everyone working at warp speed to make a living. There's no time to search around Google's many pages to get our questions answered and "appeal" whatever it is we did wrong. Can't Google simplify?

Please, what did we do, how would you like us to fix it?  What is the function and importance of a "listing?"

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I know it's been a few weeks since you posted here - is this still an issue for you or have you been able to resolve the problem?

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

PriyaC,

Thanks for asking. The challenge isn't resolved. Supposed I've abandoned it. 

We're not even clear regarding the reason for the listing, let alone what we did wrong.  

Thanks for asking!

Best, 

Mark

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Mark

A Google My Business 'listing' is the business listing you see on Google Maps - for example this listing for a cafe in Melbourne: https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Juliana's+Cafe/@-37.7553206,144.9617542,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3...

It is created by going to business.google.com and allows people to see your opening hours, contact details and location.

If you provide your business name and address I may be able to help with lifting your suspension.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

hi Mark

Yep, this does sound like the reason you were suspended. In fact Google guidelines specifically state that online only businesses are prohibited from having a Maps listing :(

I recommend getting in touch with GMB support to have your listing removed entirely from Maps. You can get in touch via the dashboard:

1- log into your Google my business dashboard http://www.google.com/mybusiness
2- select support from left hand side hamburger menu
3- a help screen will appear to the right
4- Scroll down and select 'Phone' to request a call back from GMB Support. If not available, select 'Email'.

Best of luck!