My Business
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Suspended My Business Location with "spammy behavior" as reason. Help please.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good evening,

We have recently been trying to get our business listed on Google Maps and to branch out on our advertising for our mobile locksmith company Northwest Bradenton Locksmith. Being primarily mobile in regards to servicing our customers, we do not service customers at our location. We have spoken with Google via phone, and have gotten answers that "there is nothing wrong with our listing" and "just click the "help" link and fill out form and wish for the best." After filling out for, we get the treasure hunt answer of 'read the guidelines and try to figure out what's wrong' We have gone through the listing several times over and over, and read through the guidelines at least 5 times. We have also been reading through several similar posts within this community. I've tried searching for duplicate Google+ pages with similar names, our Business listing has the exact name of our company, we have the Florida Dept of Business registration with State seal and containing address. We are eagerly searching for anyone that can give us a little guidance, because this has me at my wits end and we are just needing this listing complete so we can move onto Google AdWords. 

We are seeing different options, but are now in a holding pattern as we are not sure if it's going to make the situation worse or better. For example, if we view all locations, we then have an option to create a business account via the upper left menu. But other than that, not sure what else we can do further to correct this. But I'll put down the keyboard and let you guys do what you do. Thank you in advance for any help you can provide.

~Leigh - leigh@northwestbradentonlocksmith.com

NWBL_StateReg.jpg

Re: Suspended My Business Location with "spammy behavior" as reason. Help please.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

@leigh m

Hello,

I have been able to find your business https://plus.google.com/106941640107349416874/about.

People try to falsify information with category Locksmith hence Google has strict guidelines for such category. But honestly I am not sure why Google Support Team haven't get back and fixed this Issue as their is nothing wrong with your Business Listing except its a Locksmith Business.

I request you to please contact Google My Business Support Team again and provide the case ID in this thread so we can take a look and try to get it fixed.

Your Business on FB : https://www.facebook.com/Northwest-Bradenton-Locksmith-753849591418338/

Thank you

Regards

Tahir Mirza

Re: Suspended My Business Location with "spammy behavior" as reason. Help please.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Tahir for your quick response! The last response I received for Google support was the following email:

RE: [8-4868000012621] G+ Local Appeals Support Submission

From profiles-support@google.com
To leigh@northwestbradentonlocksmith.com
Date Today 06:35

Hello,

We have reviewed your request and can't reinstate your Google+ page at this time. Your Google+ page has been suspended for spammy behavior.

If you have any further questions, please consult the  Google My Business Help Center.

Thanks,

Google My Business Support

I'm certainly with you in not understanding why we are still suspended as we have followed Google guidelines strictly. And we are eager to move forward to start advertising with Google which also confuses me as we have money to spend on advertising but it's like they could care less. Which, as far as customer relations, that type of treatment is frowned upon in any other type of business situation. So, let me know what you find out and if you need any further information. Thanks again for putting in your personal time to help us with this issue; it means a lot.

~Leigh 

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

@leigh m

Hello,

Thank you for sharing the information. I will consult with my fellow Contributors and they will try to get it fixed.

Thank you

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes Helmut, from reading several other posts, it seems the community and it's members are extremely helpful. It's a breath of fresh air to get such a quick response and a glimmer of hope. As it's a complete 180 degrees from the mood from dealing with Google My Business up to this point. You guys are certainly its saving grace IMO. Thank you both for your time and for sharing your knowledge and talent.

~Leigh

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

*Edit 07/15/2016 - 11:12 EST: This reply originally had other text describing what the other text below exactly was. So....

Hi again Google Advertiser's Community, below is yet another email response from Google Local-Help Support in regards to the Northwest Bradenton Locksmith Business Listing. Steve also works on the site from time to time. I'm checking these forums daily to see if a solution has been discovered. In the meantime, is there any sites or topics you can recommend for a web designer / SEO implementation, and/or tips and tricks for Wordpress, or preferably Divi (from elegant themes) for Wordpress.

Hi Steve,

Thanks for contacting Google My Business support.

We will be unable to assist you in making the requested change for your Business page. For more information on this topic, please refer to our quality guidelines: Guidelines for Representing your Business on Google.

While we understand this can be frustrating, we do not have additional information to provide on this issue. If you would like to appeal the suspension, make sure you're entirely compliant with all the above guidelines. If so, feel free to access your account and follow the link provided to you in the red banner.

If your profile has been suspended because of a content violation, please log in to Google+, remove the content that violates our policies and then follow the on-screen instructions to submit an appeal to have your profile suspension lifted. Appeals are typically reviewed within a few days.

Thanks and Regards

Anuj Sharma

Google My Business

Google Inc. | The Google My Business Team | business.google.com

And that completes the email, please feel free to contact me if you have any other information, or if you need me to make any changes or fill out any more forms.

~Leigh

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi guys, just checking in to see if there has been any progress with our listing. Can you please let me know of any progress? Thanks

~ Leigh