My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Suspended LIstings

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am new to the community and desperately need expert help. For some reason I cannot start a new topic. Last year we opened a bed and breakfast business, I created a My Google Business Page and it has been fine until now.  The story is our house used to be the local Post Office (it was a post office from 1893 until 2014) and the business was run from our building until 2014.  The Post Office moved to another part of the town we live in and we had a change of use last year to change it into a bed and breakfast.  Bascially there has always been a business at our address, the post office also doubled as a home for the postmaster and us likewise with the bed and breakfast.

I contacted Google the other day because we were still coming up on the search results that we were the post office and we were getting people ringing our business landlane asking for the Post Office (Royal Mail). I explained this to Google and they have deactivated our account without any proper explanation why.  I have spent 40 minutes today trying to explain to a Google team member that we are a bed and breakfast,  I keep getting emails back saying that we are not eligible.  I have sent a photo of the front of our house with signs clearly stating who we are.  As a new business, it is fundamental for us to be on the website as potential guests will not know we exist.  We have spent nine months just getting up the Google rankings to now be told that we may not get our account back.

Can someone please tell me what I have done wrong information wise as I have given all the information I could when we signed up.  We are serviced accommodation and we take telephone enquiries from guests, emails from guests, we have a direct on-line booking system on our website.  Being on Google is crucial to us and this deactivation is having an effect on our business.  The person I spoke to at Google did not really help, basically saying that because we don't have illuminated signs or a big sign outside our premises, then we are not a business!!  We are in a historic Listed building and we are not allowed to have large signs protruding from our property.  

I want some expert advice here and how I can get our listing back on.  The person I spoke to today said they couldn't promise anything but they would do what they can.  Sorry but this does not help me at all.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Suspended LIstings

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Please include the following so it can be investigated further:
1. Full business name
2. Current business address
3. Current telephone number
4. Google Maps address
5. Website address (if applicable)

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog