My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Suspected Fraud in Google's name

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just got a call (from 336-203-3056) claiming to be from Google My Business, saying that my listing was about to be removed from entire Google System, that I needed to engage in "re-claim" and verification----and that they needed a one time payment OF $400 (supposedly to Google) to process the "reclaiming". When I asked for a supervisor, they hung up.

Where do I report this??

1 Expert replyverified_user

Suspected Fraud in Google's name

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

The robo call world is full of those calls.  I get a couple a week. If in doubt go to your listing when you are logged in and check that you are verified if so no sweat. Hang up. One thing to do in the future is asking what specifically is the name of the company they are calling from. It will most likely not be Google. They may say they are partners with Google. Ask for the partner listing information. Last if they Promise top listing in google either ask them how and look for specifics. or just hang up. You will get claims no verifiable proof. Lots of scams and if they can get the recurring revenue it must pay pretty well for doing no real work. Rule of thumb any promise of the top listing = probable fraud. No one controls the search rankings. 

David W Cox, Google My Business Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |