My Business
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Suite number for a product or service? SEO/Google Maps Question

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I don't want to provide names or add links to maintain our clients privacy but any advice you can provide would be helpful. I hope this is easy enough to follow. 

We have a client who owns a large company (Company #1). The main company is an established business with a verified maps listing. They reside in a large building. 

This company has decided to create a new website (Separate from the one that their main company uses) to separately promote a service they provide to customers. We'll call this service "super service"

Company #1 sells "super service" and wants to drive customers to the "super service" website and not the main Company #1 website. It's a service that's sold remotely. Customers wouldn't walk into company #1 to buy it. 

This customer would like to add a suite number to the company#1 address and call the new company at suite 1 "super service". They would like to have a verified google maps listing and other directory listings which require an address. 

My question: If "super service" is not an actual company, what is the best option and how do i explain this to our client? This is a combination of a legal business question, Google Maps question, and an SEO question. Can you create an address and listings for a product or service that a company sells?

Thank You,

Krystina 

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Colan (Top Contributor)
February 2016

Re: Suite number for a product or service? SEO/Google Maps Question

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Krystina,

Thanks for the question. It is against our guidelines to create an address for the product in order to have a verified listing. We allow listings for physical business addresses where customers can receive/purchase goods or services, or service area businesses--those which provide services to customers at the customer's location.

I would recommend a brand page (https://support.google.com/business/answer/4570248?hl=en&ref_topic=4540084) for the product, and a Google My Business page for the company.

Let me know if you have any additional questions!

Best,
Liz
GMB Community Manager