My Business
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Stryker Sports Fishing 2 shingly drive Arilie Beach . www.strykersportsfishing.com.au

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are a Fishing Charter Business operating out of a Marina. This is the address we use for our actual location, but the Marina only accepts mail via a post office box, and there is no option to ask Google My Business to send the verification postcard to that address, can any one help?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Stryker Sports Fishing 2 shingly drive Arilie Beach . www.strykersportsfishing.com.au

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

They will not accept a PO box at all (no option). They must be able to verify by postcard. Can you use your "actual location"? I assume it is a staging area or shop, but does it accept mail?

David W Cox, Google My Business Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the reply, no I have been to there office and thy said all mail coming in goes to a post office box.

The other issue is the address we put down(the Marina) conflicts with the marinas profile, the ridiculous thing is there are around 30 businesses operating the marina all with the same address.

Do you know of any contact info to ask direct help from google?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Matthew N
July

Re: Stryker Sports Fishing 2 shingly drive Arilie Beach . www.strykersportsfishing.com.au

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

You can only put an address to display in search if your business has a visible entrance on Streetview where people can come and see you during the stated hours. Do you have such an office?

If so then you need to use that address.

If not you need to select the Service Area option. Your ranking in search will not be affected by doing that. Make the Service Area the Zip Code of the marina.

Use your website to describe your business. And show a picture of your boat at the marina. Loading geocoded images of the boat in the marina will help with your search ranking at the marina.

Re: Stryker Sports Fishing 2 shingly drive Arilie Beach . www.strykersportsfishing.com.au

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you great advise
--
Matthew Neville
*0413459590*
*Stryker Sportsfishing*
*info@strykersportsfishing.com *

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks so much for the help problem solved now 

thanks again