My Business
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Street View shows wrong restaurant

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our street view is 2 years old and depicts a restaurant that is now closed. PLEASE FIX THIS!! This is completely pointless for people to google our restaurant, and to see a picture of a restaurant that isn't there any more. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Street View shows wrong restaurant

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jessica H

We would love to provide some suggestions .... but we can't mind read.

Can you provide a link to the business page url or map url.

Or the name, address, tel number of the restaurant.

A screenshot of the offending image would also be a great help.

Thanks

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jessica,

While @Tim Capper digs in to provide you with business specific insight, I wanted to call out that:

• Google does not reveal when they'll be back to update your Street View imagery, but you can see where they are and soon to be here (towards the bottom of the page).
  • You can upload a photoshere to Maps yourself by downloading the Google Street View app, but the street view imagery will still remain. Here's more info from an earlier thread  about a similar issue. 

"Google would not replace their Street View images with user's provided photo spheres, but you can upload your own photo spheres to Maps that would be displayed on the Street View layer as user contributed photo spheres and would indicate their location as a blue dot."

Best regards,

Meghan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi! Thank you! The Google picture currently shows an old restaurant, Bull
Taco. The building has since been painted and now bears the sign "the whet
noodle." I think that this outdated picture will confuse people that are
trying to find our business.

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x80dc6e02741edc17:0x878b76505ed4ebe8!2m5!2m2!1i80!2i80!3...

*Jessica Waite*

Co-owner, Operations
W&R Seabasstropub
The Whet Noodle
Pickled Ginger Catering

*Which Came First, the Wrench or the Rodent
?*

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Looks so yummy! So since you can't update the Street View directly, if you think it's really confusing to searchers I'd recommend making your business from your profile picture In your GMB dashboard. Here's more info on photo types (excerpt below). You'd be sacrificing your yummy food photo, for an exterior photo, so i'll let you weigh out the pros and cons.

Profile photo - Add a profile photo to help your customers recognize your business on Google. Your profile photo will be featured next to your business name on your Google+ page. It should be a different photo from your business logo, which should be added in the "Logo" section.

Best regards,

Meghan