My Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Street View shows old sign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm helping a client with a complaint about the Street View for his business. My client changed his business name and sign two years ago, but Street View shows images from before that. So Google Maps users look at Street View and see the old sign with a different business name. They get confused, or worse, complain to my client that they're not sure where to go.

I realize I can't ask Google to drive a Street View Car out there just because a sign changed. But do I have any other recourse to reduce Google Maps confusion and complaints? I've read about uploading your own photo sphere from a mobile app, but I'm guessing that wouldn't replace Google's imagery of the old sign.

Any thoughts?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dan L
December 2015

Re: Street View shows old sign

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Dan,
Your client can contribute his/her own photo spheres to Maps as you already found out, but the Street View imagery would remain.
I would advise against reporting the outdated Street View imagery to Google for blurring or removal. Once done it is for all eternity, and even if Google returns to update the imagery at some point they would not remove the blur or re-instate deleted areas with the new imagery.

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dan L
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Dan,
Your client can contribute his/her own photo spheres to Maps as you already found out, but the Street View imagery would remain.
I would advise against reporting the outdated Street View imagery to Google for blurring or removal. Once done it is for all eternity, and even if Google returns to update the imagery at some point they would not remove the blur or re-instate deleted areas with the new imagery.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the response. Is there any way to estimate when the next Street View Car might drive by if there's only one date in the Street View history (2011)?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Dan,
Google does not reveal when they might be going back to an area to update the Street View imagery, they keep their schedule to themselves.
The only thing that we can find out is where they are currently driving, you can find out if they are driving in your area from this page.
https://www.google.com/maps/streetview/explore/

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks again for your help.