My Business
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Strategy Question: Multi-location home services business with consumer friendly locations.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am dealing with a 7-8 location business - and am running into some tough questions regarding GMB & G+. I would appreciate any insight or links to relevant articles.

First, a little background: this is a 7-8 location home services business that predominantly helps consumers in their home - but also has consumer-friendly physical offices. We have made it through the verification process for 6 locations so far. The offices are all within a 100 square mile radius - and some are as close as 15 miles from each other. One office also functions as the corporate headquarters. 

A couple tough questions have been popping up:

Do we need to manage a separate G+ page for each location? Or is their a way to tie them to the same G+ page? Does publishing duplicate content or images on different G+ (or GMB) pages hurt us in any way?

We care a lot about reviews. The more locations we register with GMB, the less concentrated our reviews are going to be. It feels like it would be better if we just had one location to get reviews. Is there a best practice here? Would it ever make sense to turn of certain GMB pages?

We cannot get the knowledge graph to appear from a simple search of the company name. This requires searching both the company name and a GEO identifier. I feel like the heavy concentration of the locations makes it so none stick out from a generic search. Is this possible? Is there anything we can do to make the headquarters show up from a generic search?

How do we get reviews from the web tied back into the knowledge graph?

I appreciate any and all insight here. That was a lot - so please feel welcome to submit partial answers. 

Thanks again.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Strategy Question: Multi-location home services business with consumer friendly locations.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Local Questions

few remarks:

Each location servicing their own customers needs their own GMB listing

Each GMB listing will gather from their customers specific location related reveiws.

Reviews from the web will added by Google based on algos.

Nothings you can do about