My Business
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Strange Issue with Google Business, Maps, etc...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi - I am having a frustrating problem.  Let's say my business is XYZ at XYZ.COM

Sometimes when I Google my businees' keywords the 3-pack listing shows my business with it's review(s).  Other times it shows a different (but correct) phone number - and no reviews.  In maps when you search for the business two come up at the location - then one disappears.  Maps links to the Google Business and Google+ links to Google Business - and in all of these - all of the entered data is correct.

Oh, Googling XYZ (business name) brings up the correct phone number - and review(s) - even though Googling keywords to hit the listing brings up the other number and no reviews. 

I am presuming there is some "ghost" entry out there (in Maps??)  but Maps brings me back to Google Business which is correct.

Am I making sense?  And ideas???

Thanks!

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
November 2015

Re: Strange Issue with Google Business, Maps, etc...

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Lou

Can you provide a screenshot of what you see when you click on Google Maps and then click on the pin?

I'm not able to see a Pin (as you're set up as a service area business) so am a bit confused by the information you've provided.

Thanks,
Priya

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Lou,
To help with your question, please provide:
1. The Google Local Page URL
2. Your Website URL
3. Full Business name, Address and Phone number
Ben Fisher, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter and Founder at Steady Demand - Social SEO 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your help! I think I can demo this as follows:

Google "round mountain group"

Should return a page with my listing to the left and the map block on the right.

Click on the map.

Opens Google Maps and indicates "pin" with my correct location - but notice panel to left. 1 review, no logo

Click on the pin - and it changes to a different panel. Logo - but NO review - and different phone # (though correct - it is one of our #'s)

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Lou

Can you provide a screenshot of what you see when you click on Google Maps and then click on the pin?

I'm not able to see a Pin (as you're set up as a service area business) so am a bit confused by the information you've provided.

Thanks,
Priya

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog