My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Store codes

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We handle GMB for a business with multiple locations who also have multiple managers on their listings .The managers keep removing the store code Google requires. It is my understanding that this can/will make the listing not appear in Google Search/Maps? 

IS that true and if so, can you provide documentation?  I was looking in "Help" and it doesnt really expand on what happens if codes are removed from the GMB dashboard.

Thanks in advance--

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Store codes

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Barra T

Store Codes are used for Bulk Management Upload and has no bearing or affect on the actual listing in Maps or Search, it is only for your own internal management.

Also if they remove in Dashboard >> they should appear again if they were added via bulk upload spreadsheet.

If these managers are just managing their own stores, then you have a few oprions:

1) Send a memo to tell them to use the Card View instead of List view

Google My Business3.png

2) Remove them as managers and change them to communication managers, this way they cannot make any edits like that.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership