My Business
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Stop people from adding photos to my google business

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

I want to  know if there is a way to stop people from uploading photos to represent my business. 

I found in other posts that I can remove the photos I upload but that I need to send a request to remove the ones that other people have added and that I found inappropriate.

Thx

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ryan K (Community Manager)
March 2016

Re: Stop people from adding photos to my google business

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Hicham B

No, you cannot stop people from adding photos via the "upload to public".

If they are inappropriate then report them as such.

Go to: https://support.google.com/business/contactflow

Select Report Photos and follow the process

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ryan K (Community Manager)
March 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Hicham B

No, you cannot stop people from adding photos via the "upload to public".

If they are inappropriate then report them as such.

Go to: https://support.google.com/business/contactflow

Select Report Photos and follow the process

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
THX @ Tim Capper

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have reported them on my business but the option of "This photo is irrelevent to the business" does not sufficiently work. The persons who loaded pictures are from our business during a time when we were not providing a service due to repair and they posted pictures of parts of our property that would make someone take their business elsewhere due to the way it looks. I have reported them twice now and I am the verified owner and they are still not taken down. Who would I talk to in order to get this done?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Sherry W

Then ask the employee to remove them.

If they are no longer around then try business support:

https://support.google.com/business/contact/business_c2c_l?rd=3#

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

That is the dumbest thing I have seen yet. Why would Google let someone else post pictures on someone else's site.  That just does not make sense.  I could just go around and post off the wall pics on anyone's site.  If this can't be changed, I will will shut down my google site, take my business somewhere else. What a weird way to do business.  I have tile guys posted pictures that don't even do work for me, and I can't get it taken down.  That is not good business.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I agree, I hadn't even realised they could until I started getting notifications. Several random people are adding pictures of another Villa constantly and the Report the Photo option is slow doing one at a time and so far not one picture has been removed. It's my listing how can I not just highlight and delete the ones that aren't relevant.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Why would Google let someone else post pictures on someone else's site.  That just does not make sense.

Restricting the narrative and photos to only the owner is more what you will see in a business directory, which is not the function of Google Maps.  Google is attempting to get the most accurate representation of a place possible, which means more than just promotional material that will always show every place as being fantastic.  They have invited the business owner to participate and do give them more prominence and trust, but they do not exclude information from anyone else.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is insane. People have been uploading pictures of Christmas lights in the neighborhood. They have nothing to do with the business. The process of asking for removal is very tedious because of the automated CAPTYAs. 

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi @A Gil C

Totally agree its under-resources and poorly managed.

Can you provide a Map link to the business listing, and links to the photos in question and I can bump these up for removal.