My Business
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Stop Google placing a street image of my business next to search listings?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I run a business from home. I am not sure how/when, but when searching for my business, Google represents it with a street image, that is clearly residential.

I would of course prefer for this not to happen, without changing my address to a paid business management site.

Can anyone advise how to remove the StreetMap image from my business in regular Google searches (i.e. not Google+, but Google search)

Thanks in advance.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Stop Google placing a street image of my business next to search listings?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ben

With just this little bit of info, do you mean the "see outside" as below?

see outside.jpg

If so, then it's likely your business listing is not set up as a service area business, and your address is not hidden.
Since you don't want customers coming to your home, edit your page setup to hide your address.  When you do that, you'll have a display more like below:
https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038163

SAB.jpg

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Margaret

Thank you for your kind reply.

Yes, like that. This was in place before I created a Google Business page, but I have just gone onto this page to follow the steps as indicated and listed my business as one that provides services in a particular area (London). Not sure if these business page changes will also impact the general Google search listing?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Ben
It shouldn't make any difference to search engines whether your business is a SAB or a Shopfront.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on · · my blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So my changing details to SAB will not remove the image of my house on Google search when the business name is entered?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Apologies Ben, I misunderstood your question.

Changing your business listing to hide your address should make the picture of your house go away, as well as the specific street address - that will be shortened to the city/state or whatever your regional areas are.

Find me on · · my blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
How do I change my listing to hid my address? I can't seem to find that. Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Stuart,

Go to business.google.com/manage --> click on Manage location --> click on Edit Info -- > click on the pencil icon next to Address.

Then click on the checkbox next to "I deliver good and services to my customers at their locations" and make sure the box next to "I also serve customers at my business location" is deselected.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog