My Business
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Spotlight: Special Hours feature in Google My Business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

On our site, publicreputation.com, paid users can match their Google My Business listing with their Public Reputation business listing. They are prompted to oauth and choose which GMB listing they want to match up with their PR listing. 

Can anyone please confirm that Google would only present listings that have been verified? Or is it possible that Google would present GMB listings that have been claimed, but not yet verified? 

We've had success with many accounts, but a handful of newly claimed pages are successfully able to "claim" their GMB listing via Google's oauth, however, we're not able to pass the information back to GMB to update the listing and the API returns an error message: This operation is not supported for unclaimed locations.

All assistance is much appreciated. 

Thanks,

Erin 

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Erin B
July 2016

Re: Spotlight: Special Hours feature in Google My Business

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Erin B

No, this will display verified and unverified business listings.

What it will not display is business that have their addresses hidden via Service area settings.

Get your business on Google.png

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Re: Spotlight: Special Hours feature in Google My Business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, @Tim Capper.