My Business
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Spoofing phone call, turned abusive

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I got a robocall, on my business number (973-875-2646), that claimed to be Google and promised me a front-page ad to boost my business. My business doesn't work that way, and I've had arguments with callers that really seemed to be Google before. So I pressed 1 when instructed, to speak to a human. 

"Ed" asked to whom he was speaking. I said he should know that, if the recording knew so much about my business. He said 'I'm not Einstein. How would I know that? Your IQ is about 40.' I said first, his system had called me, and 2nd (since it was now clear I wasn't talking to Google), my number is on the national do-not-call registry, so he had no right to call me. The line had fallen silent, and when I asked if I'd scared him off, it went to fast busy. Of course, the number was unavailable when I tried *69.

Now my frustration has doubled through being unable to let Google know they're being misrepresented. At least I found a way to vent. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Barbara K
January 2016

Re: Spoofing phone call, turned abusive

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Barbara,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write. We really appreciate reports like this, and understand the frustration that these spoofers have caused to many businesses.

I can direct you to this page for more information on how/why Google may call you: https://support.google.com/business/answer/6212928?hl=en

I will certainly pass this information on to the team who has been working to mitigate this type of calls.

Thanks again for taking the time to write.

Best,
Liz