My Business
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Splitting Map Location By Suite A and Suite B

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have 2 related, but unique,  businesses that are operating in the same address, and I would like to see if I can list one map location as #116 and the other as suite #116B.

It's an office/warehouse location where the office is set up as as retail store, whereby I sell garage door parts and doors to the public- (Parts 4 Garage Doors). This is already listed just fine in Google My Business Maps...11020 Katy Freeway #116 Houston, TX 77043

The warehouse portion is used to operate my service company "Spectrum Overhead Door" out of. My repair techs load up parts, and are dispatched to go perform service from here. If you look on Angie's List, Home Advisor, the BBB and other directories you will find we are using this address as the location of the service company. I would like Spectrum Overhead Door to be listed as 11020 Katy Freeway #116B Houston, TX 77043 ON GOOGLE MY BUSINESS MAPS. 

I want to be sure that I can do this without upsetting the Parts 4 Garage Doors listing because it is working perfect for that part of the business. Listing "Spectrum Overhead Door" would help our customers in the nearby neighborhoods know that we are here to perform garage door repair as well.

Thanks you for your help!

-Travis Sweitzer 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Splitting Map Location By Suite A and Suite B

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Travis S

The 2nd listing sounds like a service of the main business and not a separate business. Does it have its own tel number that customers call ?

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your reply.

The 2 businesses have separate phone numbers, and separate websites. One of them sells parts to DIYers and the other is strictly a repair/installation service. They are separate businesses catering to different types of clients.

If i was able to list the service company (Spectrum Overhead Door) map location separately, then I would finally be able to stand out to customers that are close to me.

Please let me know what we can do thanks. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Can I try applying for this location as #116b, or will it not get approved? I don't want to do anything to mess up my parts store location because it's the primary way people find us. Do you have the ability to make this decision to help us?

Thanks.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Travis S

The #116b should be okay and you confirmed they had separate tel numbers.

And make sure the category that you chose for the new one, is not listed as a category on the main one. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok. "Parts 4 Garage Doors" is now under Door Warehouse, and "Spectrum Overhead Door" would be under Garage Door Supplier like all the other service companies. Would it be better for me to go to my Angie's List, BBB, and Home Advisor listings and change the address on those to #116b FIRST, so that it would help Google with the confirmation process?

Thanks,'

Travis

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Travis S

You do not have to use #116b  

It can be the same address, as long as : Separate tel number and category.