My Business
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Sonoran Outfitters, (813) 495-1727

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Question: We are a Hunting Outfitter, selling hunts at a Ranch we own in Mexico.  We are trying to set up our Google+ Business Page Maps listing and get our business verified. Problem is this: Business Owner lives in AZ.....Uses a PO Box. Ranch that operates hunts is in Mexico. We want to verify our listing in AZ, with the Cell # that takes calls for the business by the Owner. The only physical address in the USA is the Owner's home address in AZ, of which we do NOT want the business listing on Google to show his home address. There is no land line at the physical RANCH location in Mexico and NO real street address. How do we get a business page listed without showing a physical address of the Owner here in the States and with his Cell Phone, not a landline?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Sonoran Outfitters, (813) 495-1727

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
You need to use the physical address of the business. You can hide the address if necessary. More insight on that here - https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038163?hl=en
Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Colan thanks for you response- how do we do that? Use the personal home address? And how do we verify when the buisness phone number his a cell phone and not a landline associated with the business?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Sonoran

There's no problem putting the mobile phone number into the listing instead of a landline - lots of businesses use a mobile phone instead of a landline.

However you have to, as Colan pointed out, put the business address into the listing, not the owner's personal home address. That is the physical location of the business so that is the address that goes into the listing.

If, after 2 weeks you have not received the postcard you can contact GMB support to request assistance in verification - but not before the 2 weeks are up.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Priya thanks for your guidance, however, there is NO business address. This business sells hunts that take place in MEXICO. There is NO address for the ranch in Mexico, hence we are listing the Business Owner's home residence, as this is where he handles his business from a home office in the USA. I have selected that he does business elsewhere, but I keep being directed to correcting his Google Map Marker. I have ALL the info correct, yet the map won't accept his home address! I am literally pulling my hair out. How do I reach Google via phone to correct this promptly with this client.? We are his marketing firm. We did a postcard request on June 18,2016 and nothing ever arrived. HOW DO WE TALK TO SOMEONE PLEASE!?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi

If you'd like to talk to GMB support directly you can request a phone call via this link: https://support.google.com/business/contact/business_c2c_l?rd=3#

Just out of curiosity though, if the ranch in Mexico doesn't have an address, how do you direct people there?

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Priya C-

We have still gotten nowhere with talking to Google twice this week!!! We can not get this business verified as it's not accepting the Map Marker. The Map clearly shows his home residence, the address is correct, the map marker is on his house! Called and spoke to support twice now, they sent emails saying it appears the only way to VERIFY since the postcard never came is to do a "experimental" Video Verification!?!?! Beyond frustrated for myself and my client whose business we are trying to verify. I can not request another postcard be sent as it won't let us have that option, keeps defaulting to saying the map marker is incorrect and IT IS NOT! Banging my head on the table now. To answer your questions, clients get to the Ranch in Mexico via landmarks and/or GPS coordinates. They are hunters. Any advice??? Use to be Google Support could verify on the phone with the Owner. I don't understand what has changed??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Colan- We are getting nowhere after a month and a half. This business is operated in a home office. We have NO OTHER ADDRESS. We outfit hunters on trips to a Ranch in Mexico. There IS NO STREET ADDRESS of the Ranch in Mexico. Hence, all we have to use is the Owner's home residence. Google postcard requested on June 18th still has not arrived, Can not request another one as in the Profile set up it is NOT accepting the home residence address and we are stuck in a catch 22 glitch with the map. All support did was email us an offer to do an "experimental" video verification!!?? When did this change? Use to be you could do a phone verification easily and I can't even get support at Google to assist with us requesting another Verification Postcard!!! HELP HELP HELP, so frustrated beyond words.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi @sonoranoutfitters

Might be worth trying out a different support option.

http://www.facebook.com/googlemybusiness
http://twitter.com/googlemybiz

Both of those are decent.

Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky