My Business
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Somehow my business page has become associated w/ a personal email account I don't use for business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Somehow my Business Page (and Google Plus page, etc.) for Floral Park Dispatch ( https://plus.google.com/b/117749148376269932376/ ) has become associated with my personal email address. I manage this page for work. I started getting notifications about it to my personal email the other day, but I cannot think of a reason why.

I unsubscribed from the notifications, but that's not good enough. I need to sever whatever connection exists between these two accounts. One is work, the other is personal. I've started getting ads on my phone related to things I've looked at while at work. This can't go on. Please help me.

I got an email saying my ad credit offer expires soon. I don't know what ad credit offer it might be referring to. I've never advertised with Google. The email was addressed to Floral Park Dispatch, but it was sent to my personal email address which has nothing to do with my work account.

I checked all of the settings, but I can't find where they became connected. What else can I try? Thank you for your help. It's important I fix this.

Somehow my business page has become associated w/ a personal email account I don't use for business

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

You need to claim the GmB entry into a new email address. Was it a G+ account the GmB was set up in? Google seperated G+ and GmB a few months ago.

When logged into the new/different email you want to manage the GmB listing in go to the the search result and claim it as your business. You may see aemail form Google in the old notification account. After no reply they will transfer the GmB to your email.