My Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Some of my my Google business reviews are gone

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Some of my Google business reviews are Gone, we use to have 16 now its down to 11. I tried editing the map as a solution I read from another post but it did not help. any Idea?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Some of my my Google business reviews are gone

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
name of business in google is "Soulpepper Digital Marketing Agency"

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Mahan

Moving the map pin was a solution to a bug where all reviews about a business disappeared.

In your case, it looks like the Google review filter has decided to remove a selection of reviews - unfortunately it will not be possible to determine exactly why this occurred, but the following are common causes:

URLs in reviews
The same review appears elsewhere online (Yelp, a testimonials page on your website etc)
The person who wrote the review is a manager of your G+ Page
The person who wrote the review works for you
The person wrote the review from the same computer/IP Address that you sign into to manage your local listing
The person wrote the review from the same IP address as other users who left you reviews
The person tried to post a review for you several times on different dates (Ex: they wrote one August 5 and it got filtered so they tried again on October 10)
You've been collecting reviews in mass within a short time frame
The person reviewing you has also reviewed multiple other businesses with the same name (if you have several locations and they reviewed all of them)
The person reviewing you has a completely blank G+ profile and has never had any activity on that Google profile before or after they left you that review.
You hired an SEO company to post reviews for you
You have an onsite review station (Ipad, Computer etc) at your location
You are offering incentives for people who write you reviews.
Your # of reviews is abnormally higher than most businesses in your industry.

Have a look at the above list to see if there are any items there that might have triggered the algorithm. As mentioned, it is not possible unfortunately to return the now removed reviews, but knowing possible causes for removal can help prevent it in future.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
strange some clients tried submitting but it was removed and they tried few more times that could be why. # of reviews higher than normal. anyway to get around that?