My Business
7.2K members online now
7.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Should I hire a citation building provider?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi everyone, I own and run a local drugstore here in our area, and I'm trying to rank my business locally so that customers could find me easily, since I can only offer a small budget for citation building and I only have small knowledge about local SEOs, mostly with what I read online. You guys think building them by myself will be cheaper than hiring a citation building service providers, or you prefer that I hire an agancy, if so which one?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Dean R
July

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Dean

Since you have a tight budget, I suggest that you build citations by yourself. Take note: this could be time-consuming, it could take the time that you should be attending to your customers and growing your business. Besides that, it could be the cheapest approach in building citations.

Check this article written by Myles Anderson https://www.brightlocal.com/2016/11/02/moz-local-vs-yext-vs-brightlocal-vs-whitespark/. Although it could be a little bias on part of other providers coz it's written by a BrightLocal team member, you could still get the answers that you might need in deciding which service you should use.

Another option is hiring a Local SEO agency which offers manual citation building at lower cost. This article https://moz.com/ugc/34-questions-you-should-ask-before-hiring-an-agency could help you find the best citation agency suitable for your needs and budget.

So, that's my take on your question, the final decision is in your hands. Hope this could help!

John

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks John

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Do we really think this tactic actually works still in 2018 above a threshold of 30 citations?