My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Shockingly Bad Help and Questioning from Indian Operative

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I do not understand why Google are using Indian based call centres to deal with duplicate listing merge requests and then allowing those operatives to edit listings with no understanding of business or discussion with customers.

I had all my businesses setup carefully and verified on Google+ and Google My Business.  I then noticed a couple of duplicates of my business which had been created by customers leaving reviews and photos etc.  After a lot of looking I found the help system for Google My Business, to which I submitted a request to merge or remove the duplicates.

Weeks later I receive a phone call from a hopelessly unhelpful lady preporting to be from Google.  Not only has she utterly failed to do the very simple job of merging or deleting the duplicates, she went through my entire My Business account and questioned the existence of businesses which clearly appear on Google Street Maps and have existed for much longer than Google itself.  Now she has gone in and edited my businesses without any permission from me and changed company names, addresses, categories and more.

This is an outrageous situation and I am disgusted with Google's service on this.  Why is someone outside the UK allowed to work on UK businesses?  This hopeless lady, who I shall not name right here, has utterly failed Google and myself with her appauling work and complete lack of understand and basic common sense when it comes to helping me with what should have been a simple procedure.

When customers create duplicates on Facebook, it is a simple process to claim that place, prove I'm the owner and then merge it.  Why oh why does Google feel they have to be so much more complicated and infact end up with a terrible terrible system that leaves the business owner angry and your records completely wrong.

To say I am disappointed is beyond words. 

Shockingly Bad Help and Questioning from Indian Operative

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

We are volunteers here trying to help resolve issues for business owners and I hear your frustration, although I have not heard of a situation in which someone has taken liberties like you have mentioned.

Try reaching out on Twitter https://twitter.com/googlemybiz?lang=en and you will normally get a high level of service.

Re: Shockingly Bad Help and Questioning from Indian Operative

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you, that is really helpful.