My Business
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Shared office space on Google My Business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Guys,

I have seen a seen a few posts about this already but none of them give a clear answer. Im hoping we can get a clear answer to a common issue that I believe others are having as well as myself. 

We want to open an office but we do not intend to spend a lot of time there. We want to have a place to have consultations with our current and prospective clients as well as a place to work when we need. So I dont believe this warrants spending rent on a full fledge office space. I believe  great solution is a shared office that we have here in town. There are several office, in the same suite, that can be booked based on availability on a monthly basis. There is also a shared receptionist that will always be there during business hours in case someone comes in. I think its a great solution to all of our issues. 

My question is will sharing a suite number with numerous other businesses hurt us on google? I would ask if it is allowed by google my business since all of the businesses already there have listings it clearly is accepted by GMB. I just am weary of it being a duplicate and hurting our websites domain authority or being viewed poorly by google. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Shared office space on Google My Business

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Michael M

A Google business page is dependent on meeting customers face to face during the stated business hours.

Because you would not be doing that, or your hours on the business page would only show you open for a couple of hours a week, this would not look good.

I assume most of your work is from home?

Then use your home address to create the business page and mark the business as a serviced area business, "I serve customers at their location". This will hide your home address but leave the area and postcode visible.

If the shared office is your official business registration address, then you could use it, BUT again you should mark as serviced area business.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership