My Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Shared office space on Google My Business

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I posted an issue regarding shared office space a little over a year ago and I'm wondering if things have changed in the interim. I am again looking at having an office at a shared office space in Fort Collins, Colorado called Cohere. While there are "seats" at this space where business owners can come and work, there are also offices within the Cohere community and I will be renting one of those offices.

My question is this: does my office need to have a suite number to be legitimately listed on GMB? Are there any new solutions to the old problems of shared office spaces? What else do I need to consider before renting an office within a shared office space?

Thank you so much for your insight.

Shared office space on Google My Business

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Google can check other data to see you have a registered business.

You need to talk to the office manager about allocating a Suite no.

You need a picture of the office door / reception with your branding showing.

First post your business at the new address on other web directories, starting with the top ones which push data down the ranking food chain.

Mark any existing GmB search result as Permanently Closed = Yes. When you close there.

Where there is old web directory data for the old address still if its an issue you need to go out and change or delete it. You may need to use an email contact on the bottom of a directory page.

Make a GmB entry for the new address when you move.

Citations
https://moz.com/learn/local/citations