My Business
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Setup page name

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My page is https://plus.google.com/108681375112098124751 and I want to set it up to have the username instagc but when I went to go do it before, it kept asking me to add more characters at the end. This is because some other page was using instagc but it has since been removed. I also can’t find the area to edit this username/page name anymore. Can anyone help with this?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Setup page name

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Andrew D,

The system will prompt you to add more characters at the end regardless if someone else has it in use or not. These limited-custom page addresses are not like a website in that we, as users, get to create what we want. The best thing to do is to get creative and come up with a combo you can use and run with it. It will be far better than a random batch of numbers. 

Kind Regards,

James

Setup page name

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for responding. There really is no reason why I shouldn't be able to use the " instagc " name though without having to put extra characters at the end. It's my website and trademarked name. The individual who had it before was reported and it was disabled. I think I just need to have Google+ reset it so I can use it. Just don't know the best way to get in touch with them.

Setup page name

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Andrew D,

G+ pages are not your own, such as with your business or website. 

If you feel you should be able to have what you want, please go to your G+ page and look in the lower left hand corner for Help (make sure you are first using classic G+). You can see their help file for this issue. You can also click on feedback (same location) and submit your request regarding your G+ page URL.

Sorry, I don't have more to offer. My own business pages on G+ have extra characters, so I was unsuccessful in getting around the rules.  

Kind Regards,

James