My Business
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Setting up business on google

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We would like people to be able to look us up on google. When we originally set up our page we were unaware that the PO box that we use for business was unacceptable (we are a pest control company, so we don't have or need a storefront). Our page was suspended due to quality issues. We have tried changing information, deleting the page and restarting and starting it under a different email address like customer service said. No matter what I do the same "suspended for quality issues" pops up. I have requested call back from customer service several times. I have either been told "i don't know, i'll call you back" and never received call backs or they tell me try again with a different email. I have requested calls from a supervisor that I have never received. As such an innovative company that has literally changed our culture and how look up information, I am very upset by the difficulty of resolving this issue and the sub par customer service..... If anybody can help us get our company up it would be highly appreciated.

Re: Setting up business on google

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @William K,

Sorry you've had a rough time getting started on Google My Business. There are helpful resources in the help center, specifically for Service-area businesses here.

The proper way to set up a service area business is to set up your listing using the address you operate from (could be your home address if this is the address your business is based from). Next, select the settings:

• Yes - I deliver goods and services to my customers at their location
    • Select a radius or ZIP codes that you service
  • Uncheck - I also serve customers at my business address. (Your address will be hidden from the public if this box isn't checked.)

What is your businesses name and location and do you have a suspended listing in your account currently? How is it currently setup? Did support ever have you update your PO box to the address you do business from as described above?

Hope this helps,

Meghan

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply!
it is already suspended. When I re-did the page with our home address when
the google+ portion started getting setup it says across the top of the
screen in a red band "this page has been suspended for quality issues-
click here to get help". I have went through the steps on the get help
portion and I haven't heard anything back.... Our webpage isn't published
yet, would that effect our quality as a business? Should I try again after
the website is up?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi William,

Not having a website isn't helping validate/support the information you're supplying GMB - but it's likely not the sole cause. Your question is more of a business decision. If your site is going live in the next week or so, it may be worth the wait to troubleshoot once you have a site to support the GMB info you're providing, but in the meantime your business would not be on GMB. If you're site isn't going to be done for sometime, I'd get started by requesting a call back here. Hopefully you'll get an agent that can review and resolve (or pass it to the engineering team for review).

Hope this helps,

Meghan