My Business
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Setting up account(s) for different stores (no different locations of the same brand)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I have 5 different stores for each of which I had created a brand account YouTube channel under my personal Google account. The stores are different businesses and they are physical stores. Not different locations of the same company/brand.

I would like to create a Google my business page for each of these stores... Do I need a separate Google account for each of those or can I create more GMB pages under the same account like I did with YouTube?

In case I should create one account for each store/GMB page, do I better change the way YouTube channels are set up? I.e. have each YouTube channel under its specific Google account?

Any hint?

Thanks!

Setting up account(s) for different stores (no different locations of the same brand)

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Marco,

Here is what I suggest:

Create one login as your Google My Business hub for that business 

Add the 5 listings under the login (yes, one login can be the hub for the locations)

Add 1 YouTube channel to represent all the locations 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jenn. As I said, the 5 stores are completely different businesses. Different products, brand, target, etc. 

That's why I had started with 5 different YouTube channels as brand accounts. 

Now I don't know if it'd better to set up one Google account each, with its GMB page, or if different GMB pages can be set up under one single account. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

My mistake, Marco! You can still have them under one dashboard. In fact, you can have a handful of listings under one account / dashboard. You can also add admins if the owner or something needs access. I'd recommend have a listing for each location but keeping then under one GMB account / dashboard. 

I hope this helps!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Alright so this means I can have one single "master" Google account I use to create "business 1" "business 2" etc. GMB pages? Each with its different website link, brand, youtube channel, bla bla?

Pretty much as if the "master" account were the one of a web agency managing 5 different customers' GMB pages, youtube channels, etc...

One more thing: 3 out of 5 of these businesses have the same address, they are different stores in the same "mall" (it's not an actual mall but to give you the idea). Do I risk any kind of problem in adding different GMB pages on the same physical spot?

Cheers!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Marco,

That's correct... one master account with multiple GMB pages in your dashboard. 

You'll want to make sure that the locations can receive mail at the 'mall'. If the business names are different then you shouldn't have a problem. If they are the same name then think of a way to make them different such as suite A or something. The key thing would be to make sure that you can receive mail. Also, you may want to have the phone number different to help you out too. 

Let me know if you have any questions or if you run in to any questions! I wish I could attach a photo so I could show you! 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey, the names are different as you said. Everything is different, brand name, product, target, etc. 

For those three stores, I have no telephone number cause there's only one main line at the "mall" I don't wanna use. 

I might use cellphones but I fear Google is not gonna consider them. 

That is also why I was thinking of different accounts. Everything would be separate and I wouldn't have any issue in verifying the phone numbers and stuff like that.

But of course having one single account as "master account" would be much easier in terms of usability. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I don't think the account where they are hosted matters as much as the information on the listing. You could always use a phone number system such as Grasshopper. 

These are brick and mortar stores, correct? Not kiosks? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What they actually are, now that we got into more specific, is sports associations with one of their locations hosted into this "mall" (sports center).

So basically these associations (stores) offer different types of services, have different brands and different public, and they also have more locations around the province (each of them). Three of these associations find themselves in this "shared" location, which is the "mall" (i. e. sports center), where they rent their spot for their activities.

Hope this clarifies the situation.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I see, Marco! 

Let me know if I can help any more!