My Business
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Setting up Google+ for virtual business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am trying to set up Google+ for my virtual business.  I can't seem to get past the put in a street address aspect that would then allow me to set up groups and post content etc.  I would prefer not to have a street address for a couple of reasons - my kids live there and I am world wide and don't want to limit my business to one location.  Any thoughts?

Re: Setting up Google+ for virtual business

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I take it you're natural birth and motherhood? That business doesn't look like it qualifies for a GMB listing. If you look at Google's guidelines:

Listings on Google My Business can only be created for businesses that either have a physical location that customers can visit, or that travel to visit customers where they are.

If you don't also do in person work in your city, then you aren't qualified to have a GMB listing. 

If you do work with customers locally as well (say, by hosting workshops, or if you are also a Doula) then you can use your home address, and mark yourself down as a service area business. I understand your wanting to keep your address private (I don't know how the political climate in Australia is, but America can be unfriendly towards women interested in natural birth) but if you have your business set as a service area business, it is very challenging to find your address. It's possible, but aside from myself and the other volunteers in this forum, you're unlikely to run into anyone that knows how. 

I hope that helped, let me know if you have any other questions. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: Setting up Google+ for virtual business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
That was really helpful - thanks. I'm new to technology but heard that Google+ can offer businesses a way to set up groups. So I could have groups for women due in Spring, Summer, etc where it's a forum they can come for advice. Perhaps I'm thinking about something else?

It's a shame about the hostility over there. Because babies are miraculous, regardless of how they come out of the mama.